Monday 9 July 2012

Looking out for resorts in Ooty – the beautiful hill station.Check out Club MahindraDerby Green Ooty resorts.


Ooty also known as Udhagamandalam is one of the most popular hill stations in the southern part of India. It is located in the Western Ghats at a height of 2240 meters. Ooty is the headquarter district where the two ranges meet. This region is blessed with greenery and is one of the most beautiful in the state. The greenery in Ooty is chiefly comprised of tea and coffee plantations but besides these there are conifers, eucalyptus, pine and wattle. The temperature in summer doesn’t soar above 25 degree Celsius with a minimum of 10 degree Celsius. The temperature in winter hits a low of 5 degree Celsius and a high of 21 degree Celsius. This lovely hill station was discovered by the British in the 18oos. The British were however not the first inhabitants of Ooty. It was inhabited by a tribe called Todas before the British discovered it. The first railway line to Ooty however was constructed by the British and they made it the summer capital of the Madras presidency. The places of interest in and around Ooty are:

Government botanical garden Ooty: This garden was laid out by the Marquis of Tweedale in 1847. It is divided into 6 parts, lower garden, new garden, Italian garden conservatory, fountain terrace and nurseries.  This garden is lush green and has well maintained lawns. It has several rare species of trees.
Rose garden:  The rose garden is located at a distance of 1 kilometer from the railway station. It can be easily accessed by roads from both sides.

Lake Park: The lake park is located on the banks of the Ooty Lake. It is close to the bus stand and opposite the Ooty railway station.

Ooty Lake: The Ooty Lake is the pride of the Nilgiri hills. Boating facilities were started here in the year 1973. There are several other places worth visiting in and around Ooty like the Doodabetta falls, the deer park and the government museum. 

1 comment:

  1. Friends, I got a complimentary holiday from club Mahindra. This happened when I was shopping at a mall in Mumbai. I was approached by a young boy who asked for only my name and number. I gave it expecting a sales call from a company. To my surprise the executive on phone told me that I had won a complimentary holiday. I visited there office, and I was told that I had to sign up for a Club Mahindra Membershipbefore I could avail of the free holidays. I had read quite a few negative reviews of club Mahindra and seen many club Mahindra complaints on tripadvisor.com I enquired about the membership charges and found that the EMIs were really low and reasonable. I signed up and have never regretted my decision. My experience with club Mahindra has been very good and I enjoyed my trip to Ooty. Derby Green is a beautiful resort that gives you a beautiful view of the Niligiri hills. My room was nice, spacious and comfortable. The staff members at the resort were nice, responsive and polite. Food had variety and was delicious. I went to Ooty with my wife and son and enjoyed my trip. I would advise people not to believe the negative reviews that they read. Club Mahindra resorts are value for money.

    ReplyDelete