Thursday 5 July 2012

Club Mahindra Spiti Valley Eco Tourism Reviews


Spiti is known as Little Tibet because it is the same terrain, vegetation and climate. Spiti is the sub-division of the Lahaul and Spiti district with its headquarters at Kaza. Spiti means middle country in the local language. It lies between Tibet, Ladakh, Kinnaur, Lahaul & Kulu. From Shimla via Kinnaur there is a motorable road which remains open upto Kaza for 8 to 9 months. A large Tibetan population is settled in Spiti. Lahaul spiti is located at a distance of one-hundred and twenty kilometers from Manali. Since the Spiti valley is located in the rain shadow area, the weather remains pleasant in the summer months that is from May to mid-October. This is the best time to visit this valley. It rarely rains and the mercury does not go above thirty degree Celsius and does not go below fifteen degree Celsius during the summer months. One can enjoy bright sunshine wandering in the beautiful valley. There is little or no rain during the monsoon season. The days are hot and nights are cold so heavy to light woolens are recommended when travelling to this area. During winters that is from November to April it snows heavily and the temperature goes below minus.

The ideal time to visit Spiti is summer that is May to mid-October. The staple food of the people of this valley is buckwheat or Kathu as they call it. Barley, wheat and rice are also consumed. Smoking of tobacco and drinking of local liquor is common among the men folk, but is forbidden for the ladies. Spiti is an emerging tourist place and is a curious blend of culture and nature. Sphiti has a blend of Budhism and Hinduism. Lahaul and Spiti are two different valleys. While Lahaul is green and full of vegetation, Spiti is dry and like a dessert.

2 comments:

  1. I got my membership to Club Mahindra through one of their representatives when I was shopping at a mall with my wife. The representative just asked for my name and number and then called me. He told me that I had won a complimentary holiday, but they had a pre-condition. I had to purchase a Club Mahindra membership to avail of the complimentary holiday. I had read many negative club Mahindra reviews so I was in a fix, but the sales executive convinced me that it was a good concept and I found the EMIs to be really low, so I decided to purchase a membership. I never regretted my decision. I have visited two of their resorts in Goa and then I visited their resort in Spiti. It is simply beautiful. My room was facing the spiti valley and I had a beautiful view of the valley. The food served was extremely good and had lots of variety. I and my wife enjoyed it very much. My ten-year old son simply loved the trip. The staff at the resort was very professional and good. I loved their polite and courteous behavior. I enjoyed my trip to Spiti very much. It is very beautiful place.

    Club Mahindra Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book affordable- Kinnaur & Spiti Valley Tour Packages. Manali Trip provide an immense comfortable journey. Today Book Now!!

    ReplyDelete